The “El chaplón” house was an austere house from the end of the 19th century, which alberged a modest family dedicated to tillage. Towards 1945 it was usedas a small general foodstore for the local commerce, where the client made a quick stop on his or her way, tying their bundled-up donkeys to a ring outside on the facade. Subsequently, it became used as a home by a numerous family. The local people say, that in those times, the zone was known as La Atalaya (The Watchtower) and due to its sunny disposition, it was a meeting point for the elder neighbours and children in the summer afternoons, sitting on the stone doorstep or chaplón of the frontdoor to chat and play in the street.
The history of the house
