The history of the house

The “El chaplón” house was an austere house from the end of the 19th century, which alberged a modest family dedicated to tillage. Towards 1945 it was usedas a small general foodstore for the local commerce, where the client made a quick stop on his or her way, tying their bundled-up donkeys to a ring outside on the facade. Subsequently, it became used as a home by a numerous family. The local people say, that in those times, the zone was known as  La Atalaya (The Watchtower) and due to its sunny disposition, it was a meeting point for the elder neighbours and children in the summer afternoons, sitting on the stone doorstep or chaplón of the frontdoor to chat and play in the street.